School meals can be purchased through logging in to Parent Pay.
Meals cost £2.50 each for children in FS2 (Reception class) and in Key Stages 1 & 2.
Meals cost £1.80 each for children who attend our Nursery.
Please make payment on a Monday, for the week ahead.
Parents may choose to purchase meals for the whole week, or they have the option to choose single days depending on the menu and their child’s likes and dislikes.
If your child has any special dietary requirements, please come in and speak to the Headteacher and Kitchen staff.
Note: There has been a 10p increase in the cost of school lunches to £2.50 in September. This is displayed on our current website but I just wanted to confirm this in case you come across conflicting information from before September.
North Yorkshire School Meals
Our school meals follow a healthy-eating policy.
Our meals are produced freshly every day in a school kitchen from only:
- fresh meat and poultry sourced from the region
- fruit and vegetables sourced regionally where possible using local suppliers
- products free from additives associated with health problems in young children
- fats free from hydrogenated oils
- with menus that are nutritionally balanced
Free School Meals
Free school meals are available to children whose parents are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- income support
- income-based job seeker’s allowance
- income-related employment and support allowance
- child tax credit with an income of less than £16,190 and not in receipt of working tax credit
- support under part VI of the immigration and asylum act 1999
- guarantee element of state pension credit.
Where parents are entitled to working tax credit during a four week “run on” period immediately after their employment has ceased, or after they have started to work less than 16 hours per week, their children are entitled to free school meals.
Children who receive income support or income based jobseeker’s allowance in their own right are also entitled to free school meals.
Should you meet the above criteria, you can apply by using the application form in the useful downloads section.
Applications are usually processed the same day. If your child is entitled to free school meals you will receive a letter confirming the date when the meals will start. The school is also notified that your child is entitled to free school meals. In the meantime, you should continue to pay for free school meals until confirmation comes through. Schools may be able to arrange a reimbursement of any monies paid whilst your entitlement is being confirmed. If you are not entitled to free school meals you will be notified in writing.
Further Information provided by North Yorkshire County Council